Freshman applicants should...
- complete at least 16 units of secondary school credit and
- receive a diploma from an accredited secondary school.
It is recommended that students follow a college preparatory program that includes:
- at least four units of study in English,
- three units in social studies,
- three units in mathematics,
- three units in science, and
- two in a foreign language.
Applicants submitting a high school equivalency diploma are not required to have completed 16 secondary school units; however, they must have earned equivalency scores that indicate adequate preparation for college level work.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
In addition to your application, we will need:
- Your high school report and transcripts
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic source (teacher, counselor, etc.)
- $40 application fee (or waiver request)
Special Offer: Visit UC and receive a $40 application fee waiver as a thank you.
Arrange a visit today.)
- SAT I or ACT scores are encouraged, but required only for:
♦ Physical therapy
♦ Occupational therapy
♦ Joint health professions programs
♦ Higher Educational Opportunity Programs (HEOP)
♦ Academic achievement awards
The admissions committee will also consider:
- Your high school record and how well it has prepared you for your intended program of study
- Extracurricular activities, community service, special talent, and work history
WHEN TO APPLY
Since many programs will be fully enrolled by March, you are encouraged to apply by January 15. However:
- Apply no later than December 15 if you plan to start in the January term.
- Apply by February 1 to be considered for our nursing program.
- Apply by March 1 for HEOP eligibility.