The Search Committee is tasked with recruiting and vetting a broad and diverse pool of candidates with the characteristics and experiences that will enable her/him to successfully lead Academic Affairs and the College to meet the demands of a challenging, changing and increasingly competitive higher education landscape.
Specific tasks and deliverables include the following:
- Solicit input from the College constituencies regarding the College’s challenges and opportunities, particularly as they apply to Academic Affairs, as well as the experiences necessary to meet those expectations. Utilize the ad and the profile as a baseline and guide for reviewing candidates.
- Organize and implement the search process in accord with the College’s search practices and policies. Organize and steward the interview process.
- Recruit a robust, diverse and qualified pool of candidates and screen the candidates based on the established qualifications and characteristics. As candidates for airport interviews are identified, the committee is expected to be mindful of the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in all phases of the search process.
- Conduct confidential interviews with 10 - 12 candidates and recommend 3 – 5 candidates for on campus interviews.
- Organize visits for the campus interviews and solicit feedback from all constituents. Conduct reference checks on all finalists.
- The Search Committee will prepare detailed strengths and weaknesses on 2 – 4 candidates along with summative feedback from the community and referees for the Presidents consideration.
The search process is being assisted by Mr. Steve Leo of Storbeck/Pimentel. Members of the Search Committee should draw on his expertise at all stages of the process.