School of Health Professions and Education
Studying Education: The UC Advantage
The undergraduate education program at Utica College enables students to develop critical, high-level teaching skills in preparation for attaining New York State Certification and embarking on a fulfilling career as an educator in any of a number of different disciplinary areas.
Supported by an exceptional faculty of seasoned professional teachers and administrators, UC's education program is offered in combination with your academic major. It features a strong focus on methodology and practical application, with opportunities for student-teaching and other real-world experiences.
Undergraduate education programs at UC include:
- Early childhood education (birth to grade 2)
- Childhood education (grades 1 - 6)
- Grade 7 - 9 extension to childhood education
- Middle childhood education (grades 5 - 9)
- Adolescence education (grades 7 - 12)
- Students with disabilities grades 7-12 generalist
- Grades 5 - 6 extension to adolescence education
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) education (birth to grade 12)
- Business and maketing education
- Early childhood/childhood education (birth to grade 6)
- Childhood and special education
- Adolescence and students with disabilities grades 7-12 generalist
Program Student Learning Goals
Career OutcomesThe education program prepares you for a range of fulfilling career options as an educator, as well as graduate study in education. (Utica College also offers master's degree and CAS programs in education.)
UC education program alumni have distinguished themselves as educators and administrators in school districts throughout New York State and across the country.
"It was an exciting experience to be a part of the Utica College graduate environment. The plethora of knowledge and information circulating throughout the campus has broadened my mind and soul. I'm looking forward to taking additional courses to be inspired again." "It was an exciting experience to be a part of the Utica College graduate environment. The plethora of knowledge and information circulating throughout the campus has broadened my mind and soul. I'm looking forward to taking additional courses to be inspired again."
Karina Huther '05
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >