Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science Degree •
School of Arts and Sciences
Studying Psychology: The UC Advantage
The psychology major at Utica College provides a broad foundation in the discipline that you can carry forward into a variety of professional areas. It is a versatile program that enables students to gain a deeper insight into human behavior and the scientific method.
Curriculum The psychology program at UC offers two degree options:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
For specific program details, see academic requirements >
Program Student Learning Goals
Career Outcomes The psychology major prepares you for professional accomplishment in:
- Mental health services
- Assistance for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Crisis management and substance abuse intervention
- Business management
- Clinical and research psychology
- Social Work
UC psychology alumni have taken leadership positions at:
- Agfa Corporation
- General Motors
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology
- The House of the Good Shepherd
- Haley Marketing Group
- Veterans Administration
- The Arc of Oneida-Lewis Counties
UC's psychology department offers excellent facilities for research and discovery.
[Click here for full list]
- Abe Judson Memorial Psychology Center - features statistical and stiumuli software on all computers
- Animal Behavior Laboratories - located in Gordon Science Center, for research on behavior and visual perception
- Child Development Laboratory - with one-way mirrored observation room
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >
"The field placements through UC provided me with the important experiences that helped me get my job and be competent at it." "The field placements through UC provided me with the important experiences that helped me get my job and be competent at it."
Miriam Carrillo '95