These are some current news items of interest to UC alumni:
Salsbury Seminar Offered at UC June 3-4
Expert on Human Capital Management
Written By Colleen Bierstine '15, PR Intern
Program offers 14.5 SHRM recertification credit hours
Utica, NY (05/30/2014)- Mark Salsbury, CEO of Human Capital Management, LLC and author, says “The best option for a long-term sustainable business advantage is your human capital.”
Utica College will sponsor a program titled “The Future of HR: Creating Business Value Through Human Capital Management,” facilitated by human resources expert Salsbury. It will be held at the college June 3-4.
Benefits of the two-day program include:
• Enhance and add greater value in human resource’s ability to contribute to the organization’s business strategy.
• Build and align an organization’s values and culture more effectively.
• Combine and integrate the most critical components of the organization that enable companies to differentiate themselves: through their people.
• Select the right human resource programs and initiatives for an organization to pursue.
• Articulate and justify human resource-related investments and expenditure.
• Develop a Talent Utilization approach that will increase the organizational effectiveness of the workforce
• Develop skills and capabilities that will enable program attendees to grow and increase their marketability.
• 14.5 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) recertification credit hours by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
Human capital management refers to maintaining a competitive edge in today’s business environment by utilizing an organization’s workforce. The talk relates to Salsbury’s book “Human Capital Management: Leveraging Your Workforce for a Competitive Advantage.”
The seminar is designed for human resource leaders, managers and professionals who have the desire to bring a higher level of added value to the human resource function, are interested in learning how to leverage their people as a competitive advantage and are committed to their own personal career development and growth.
The seminar fee is $695, which includes seminar attendance, as well as a copy of the 2014 Human Capital Management System Workbook, a copy of “Human Capital Management: Leveraging Your Workforce for a Competitive Advantage,” a Human Capital Management Action Plan template, a voucher for one complimentary session with Salsbury Human Capital Management, LLC and breakfast and lunch both days of the seminar.
To register, call (315) 792-3344 or visit www.utica.edu/humancapital.
About Utica College – Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The College, located in upstate central New York, approximately 90 miles west of Albany and 50 miles east of Syracuse, currently enrolls over 4,000 students in 36 undergraduate majors, 27 minors, 21 graduate, pre-professional and special programs.
"It seems crazy to say but many of you are in the Class of 2019, and you are about to embark on the most unforgettable 4 years of your life."
Brian Agnew '03
Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Health System
Read full text >
"UC's forward thinking prepared me for a rapidly changing world by teaching me to look for trends and analyze their impact on my profession, my clients, and my life." "Small classes, personable professors who become lifelong mentors and friends, and the support of a broad and successful alumni base makes UC a terrific option. UC's forward thinking prepared me for a rapidly changing world by teaching me to look for trends and analyze their impact on my profession, my clients, and my life."