Major in Economics
Bachelor of Arts Degree • School of Business and Justice Studies
Studying Economics: The UC Advantage
Part of UC's Business and Economics department, the economics major offers integrated, hands-on learning across a variety of disciplines within the department, with excellent facilities - including a full-featured trading room - and opportunities for internships.
Curriculum In additon to foundational courses, economics majors study advanced economic theory, completing their work with a semester-long senior project research paper.
Under the guidance of a faculty member, all seniors study an economic or social problem of their choosing. Past topics have included:
- minimum wage legislation
- sexual harassment
- private contracts for police and fire protection
- gender equity in college sports
- trade problems with Japan
- the effect of advertising on cigarette consumption.
For specific program details, see academic requirements >
Program Student Learning Goals
Career Outcomes The economics major prepares you for rewarding careers in:
- Corporate and non-profit management
- Public administration
- Research and analysis
- Potomac Management Resources
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- M&M Realty Partners, LLC