Major in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
Bachelor of Science Degree • School of Business and Justice Studies
Studying Cybersecurity: The UC Advantage
cybersecurity and information assurance major at Utica College offers the most extensive coursework in digital forensics and investigation currently available. It is an innovative, multidisciplinary program that provides the critical skills you need to succeed in this highly specialized profession.
Part of UC's internationally respected suite of economic crime and justice studies programs, the cybersecurity and information assurance major is designed to address the growing demand for expertise in defending critical infrastructure - public and private - from the threat of cyberattack. It enables you to play a crucial role in this fight.
Curriculum The program integrates learning in criminology, criminal justice, economic crime, and computer science.
The curriculum features:
- strong, diverse background study in liberal arts
- development of skills for investigators and technologists
- focus on writing, critical thinking, mathematics, statistics, and law
- Cybercrime Investigations and Forensics
- Information Assurance
- taught by accomplished professionals with extensive experience in the field
- supported by advanced forensic technologies and research resources available in UC's state-of-the-art Economic Crime, Justice Studies, and Cybersecurity facility
Program Student Learning Goals
Online Program The cybersecurity and information assurance major also offers an option for online study. For details, see online cybersecurity program details >
Career Outcomes The cybersecurity and information assurance major at Utica College prepares you for career-track positions in a range of fields, including:
- Corporate and industrial security
- Law enforcement
- Government intelligence services
- Banking and finance
- Homeland security