There are several types of holds that can be placed on your account for various reasons. This is not an exhaustive list; it is a short list of holds on your account that may affect your transactions with the Registrar's Office. If you are a current student, you can view your holds via your Banner Web account. (See below for instructions on how to find your holds.)
- Financial Holds - If you want to know the status of your financial account, please contact Student Financial Services.
- Student Opinnionaire Hold - each semester, we ask students to give feedback about the courses they've taken. Instructions on how to complete the opinnionaire is emailed to each student. If you do not complete the opinnionaire on time, your access to your final grades will be delayed. The Registrar's Office is not authorized to release your grades to you during this period of time.
- Library Holds - If you owe fines to the Library, you must clear these before we can send your transcript. Gannett Library
- Judicial Holds - see Dean of Students
- Exit Interview Hold - If you have recently graduated, you must complete an exit interview online. If you have not completed the exit interview, we cannot release your transcript or diploma.
- Academic Affairs hold - Usually (but not always) placed on your account because we need proof that you completed your high school education (for new undergraduate students) or proof of your bachelor's degree (for new graduate students).
HOW TO VIEW YOUR HOLDS VIA BANNER WEB
- Log in to your BannerWeb account
- Click on "Enter Secure Area"
- Click on “Student and Financial Aid”
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Select Term” and choose the correct semester
- Click on “Registration Status”