GI Bill - Getting Started
Select a category to view step-by-step directions for obtaining benefits.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill - Active Duty & Selected Reserves
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty & Selected Reserves
- Dependents or Spouses of 100 Percent Disabled
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation
- Returning Veteran Students
** Please note: The Federal Government enacted new legislation that further assists private colleges in New York State. Up to 2014, the $17,500 cap on tuition & fees per year is not applicable! Click this link to find out specific information about this new legislation:
In order to comply with laws governing the GI Bill, it is your responsibility as a student to notify the Veterans Certifying Official or Veterans Liaison of your status with Utica College if it were to change.
You must inform the Veterans Liaison or Veterans Certifying Official when you:
1. Add or drop class
2. Change your major
3. Change your address
4. Withdraw from the college
5. File your degree program
Turn in the following documents to UC's VA Certifying Official when applying for benefits though the VA
- Certificate of Eligibility (provided by the VA after the processing of your benefits application)
- Turn in official transcripts from all prior post-secondary institutions and military experience.
- Apply for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (VA Form 22-5490) or Request for Change of Program of Place of Training (VA Form 22-5495) if you have previously used you benefits at a different institution.