What is the Residence Hall Association (RHA)?
• A student organization that strives to improve the residential community and experience
• An organization that provides programming for students to meet their various needs other than just academic development
• A group of students that advocate for the residential students to work to enhance their opportunities and experiences within the residence halls
• An organization that builds a sense of community among students living in all 7 Utica College Residence Halls
• An organization that provides leadership development opportunities for its members.
Getting Involved with RHA
Why Get Involved?
RHA is an excellent way to get involved on the Utica College campus! Getting involved with this organization not only benefits you as a leader and an individual on this campus but it also benefits others because you are striving to make Utica College a better place to live for our residential students. Here are a few reasons why you should get involved with RHA:
• You can bring attention to student concerns/ issues within the residence halls and help to advocate for these issues. RHA represents an excellent way for residents to voice their opinions on their residential experience in order to make changes to provide the best residential experience possible here at UC.
• You can help make enhancements to your living environment. If you have a way to enhance your residential experience RHA can be a great place to voice your opinion. RHA can provide the financial support, advertising, and manpower to help your ideas come to life!
• You can develop and refine your leadership skills. RHA can provide you with the opportunity to find yourself as a leader here at UC which can lead you to getting involved in more clubs and organizations here on campus.
• You can make new friends here at UC. RHA is composed of students from a variety of residence halls which allows you to connect with others here at UC.
• You can learn knowledge and skills that can help you in the future if you plan to be a Resident Assistant. By being a part of RHA you will have the wonderful opportunity to plan events for your specific residence hall and the campus in order to help develop a strong residential community here at UC.
How to Get Involved?
If you are interested in helping to improve the residential community you can attend an upcoming Residence Hall Association meeting Wednesdays at 2pm in Faculty Center 104.
For more information or questions, please contact the RHA Advisors: Mathew Vincent, email@example.com, or Frances Lucia, firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE OF STUDENT LIVING AND COLLEGE ENGAGEMENT
The Gay Alliance
The SafeZone program was created to develop, enhance and maintain environments in workplaces, schools and other social settings that are culturally competent and supportive to LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning) individuals, as well as straight, cisgender people who care about diversity, equality and inclusion.
What is a SafeZone?
A safe zone or a safe space is a place where all people feel welcome and safe. It may be a room, a car, or an entire college campus. The Gay Alliance SafeZone program aims to increase the awareness, knowledge, and skills for individuals and address the challenges that exist when one wants to advocate for their LGBTQ peers, family members, friends and co-workers. Creating safe zones or safe spaces is a proactive step that schools, agencies and corporations can take to create welcoming, inclusive spaces so that all people are empowered to reach their full potential.
Contact Dean of Diversity and Student Development Alane Varga at avarga
for more information or how to become SafeZone Certified