College students know it’s hard enough to graduate on time, let alone early, but some of us are on a different path and kick things into high-gear so we can get our diplomas sooner. It isn’t easy, but we stick to the plan of attack come whatever may. And with a few heavier course loads and a lot of determination, we finish up a semester or two early feeling on top of the world.
Anyone who’s been there knows our lives are a little bit different than our fellow students on the normal 4-year timeline. There are certain things only we can understand, and for that, we share a special bond.
- There is no such thing as an “easy” semester for you. You have a full or overloaded course load every time, even as a senior.
- If you’re like me and only graduating one semester early instead of two, you wish you’d gotten yourself going sooner so you could graduate two semesters early.
- Free time? What’s that?
- Maintaining a decent GPA is twice as hard.
- You’ve inevitably had those full days that start with 8am classes and end with a night class, at least once every semester.
- People assume you’re really smart, but honestly, it was more about taking on extra workloads than anything else.
- People get really confused when your age and your class don’t match up (You’re 20 but you’re a senior???).
- You’ve come to accept the inevitability of all-nighters.
- Your time here with your favorite professors and classmates is all the more precious since you’re leaving sooner.
- People who say college goes by in the blink of an eye don’t know the half of it.
- You’ve been forced at least once to cram some of the most labor-intensive classes for your major into the same semester.
- You felt like a boss when you made it out of that semester alive, and with good grades too.
- You have a special bond with your adviser who helped you make graduating early possible. Without them, you would’ve gone crazy trying to put your schedules together.
- You’re a master at packing a whole day’s worth of meals into one lunch box since you often wind up spending entire days on campus.
- You are the ultimate multi-tasker, and your time management skills are incomparable.
- You learned to embrace planners and calendars to keep your plethora of deadlines straight.
- You know graduating early isn’t for everyone, but for you, it was worth it.