Have you checked out the new and improved Office of Student Success located in 122 White Hall? Not only do they have the best staff who will go the extra mile to help you out, they have coloring books, a fish tank, and free coffee and hot chocolate! I volunteer every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30am-10:30am and stop in whenever I can. Don’t hesitate to stop by!
This semester they have a series of events, every Tuesday from 12pm-1pm and Thursday from 5pm-6pm that are beneficial for all students, especially the first year students. I have listed the events below…
- Study Aids/Utilizing Technology for Success – 2/17 & 2/18
- Test Preparation and Test Taking – 2/24 & 2/25
- How to be Successful in Class – 3/2 & 3/3
- Stress Management: De-Stress Fest (Midterms) – 3/9 & 3/10
- Grade Calculations – 3/23 & 3/24
- Avoiding Procrastination – 3/30 & 3/31
- Planning for Next Semester: Registration – 4/6 & 4/7
- Recharge and Stay Motivated – 4/13 & 4/14
- The Study Cycle: Avoid Studying in Circles – 4/20 & 4/21
- Stress Management: De-Stress Fest (Finals) – 4/27 in Strebel Lounge
Everyone who works in the office, students included, are energetic and willing to help anyone who walks in. I hope to see more students filter through the office and take advantage of the wonderful atmosphere.