As midterm week is winding down and spring break is coming up, where will UC students flock for a week of fun in the sun? I took it upon myself to look up the most common spring break party spots, and according to the travelchannel.com, here’s where college students are most likely to end up at on their week off.
- Panama City, Florida: The Travel Channel names it the “unofficial spring break headquarters,” but to the naked eye it probably looks more like a hot mess. The popular Holiday Inn Sunspree is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico and promises to be a good time for college student with its beachfront themed parties and wide variety of bars and clubs.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: How a majority of college students can afford this, I will never know. But according to the travel channel, the white sandy beaches of Punta Cana offer many all-inclusive options for students which include meals, drinks and water sports.
- Nassau, Bahamas: Nassau is the most popular spring break location of all the Bahamas islands. Famous for its Mardi Gra parties and all-inclusive hotels, Nassau is also home to popular locations like Senor Frogs. Some packages even include a free tour of Blue Lagoon.
- Cancun, Mexico: A location known for being a vacation spot for celebs is surprisingly a popular spring break destination as well. According to travelchannel.com, students can let loose at the all-inclusive Oasis Cancun hotel, famous for its beach-side dance parties.
- Negril, Jamaica: This serene spring break destination is for those more low key college students who enjoy a laid-back party atmosphere. This tropical paradise is famous for concerts and nightlife at Margaritaville.
For more info on these destinations and more popular spring break locations, visit www.travelchannel.com/interests/spring/articles/spring-breaks-party-spots.