Fingers crossed, I should be graduating in December. Am I excited? Yeah. Am I scared? Terrified. It’s taken 3 1/2 years, but I have realized several things this semester. In fact, I’d say this was the first semester I finally felt like I knew what I was doing. Now, why couldn’t that have happened sooner?
These are a few of the things I’ve noticed now that it is my last semester here.
- You’re outraged when you have to do a big project or paper because you’re just so over the whole thing.
- No one, and I mean no one, can match your procrastination skills.
- You’ve started making sleep a priority again because you’re basically an old person now.
- Everyone on the planet wants to know what your post-graduation plans are.
- Seriously, that is the only thing anyone wants to talk to you about anymore. Um, hello, can we talk about something happier, like food?
- You’ve realized your “I’m in college” excuse time frame is dwindling, and are therefore milking it for all it’s worth while you can.
- You’re trying not to countdown, but it’s impossible.
- You’ve mastered the art of doing as much as possible with as little effort as possible.
- You’ve convinced yourself there’s some way to avoid entering the real world. I can win the lottery in the next three months!
- People have decided it’s their business where you’ve applied to, how many jobs you’ve applied to, and how every bit of your job search is going.
- You finally know your best, most efficient study methods.
- You don’t understand how you’re about to adopt an adult life when you still feel like a child.
- Your mind is so far ahead of you that you keep forgetting it’s only October, and you still have schoolwork to complete.
- You’ve become an expert schedule builder, learning to craft schedules according to your own preferences.
- Professors, co-workers, and loved ones make (mostly) empty threats about sabotaging your grades so you can’t graduate yet.
- You don’t remember how you were ever able to get up so early in high school. It’s 10 a.m. classes and later all the way.
- If you stacked up all the revisions of your resume, you could build a skyscraper.
- You laugh at the juniors who are freaking out about their graduation, as if THEY have it bad.
- When you go to events that alumni attend, you can’t help but think how you’ll be one of them soon.
- You’re both ready and not ready at the same time.
Fellow seniors, what worldly knowledge have YOU garnered?
Note: all photos were taken & edited by me. The watermark “SCC 2014” refers to my personal food blog, The Smart Cookie Cook.