Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare Appoints Advisory Council
Utica's Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare has appointed its Advisory Council at an organizational meeting on October 28, 2021.
Congratulations and thank you go to Mary Siniscarco, Associate Professor of Health Sciences, President of the Advisory Council. Serving as Vice President is Maria DeGiglio, Professor of Practice, Business and Economics, and Director, Healthcare Management Programs.
Helen Blouet, Professor of Anthropology and Chair of the Sociology and Anthropology Department is the Advisory Council Secretary. Sharon Kanfoush (Sharon Kanfoush Wellness, LLC, and Professor of Geology) and Cynthia Love-Williams, Associate Professor of Nursing, and Dave Roberts, Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Psychology-Child Life are Members-at-Large.
Community members appointed to the Advisory Council include:
- Jenni Barlow-Gagnon, Senior Vice President, Behavioral Health Services, Upstate Cerebral Palsy;
- Jeremy Earl, Senior Vice President, Education Services, Upstate Cerebral Palsy;
- Daniel Kuckel, MD, Family Physician, Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL;
- Sherine Lazarow, Executive Director, Academic Operations, MVHS;
- William “Tony” Mandour, MD, Reflexologist, Omni Balance Life Center, Naples, FL;
- John Milligan, CEO, Upstate Family Health Center, Inc.;
- Kenneth Visalli, Jr., DO, Slocum-Dickson Medical Group, P.L.L.C.
- Mary Zielinski, Vice President, Medical Group Operations, MVHS.
Utica's Institute for the Study of Integrative Healthcare, directed by Patrice Hallock, supports cross-disciplinary faculty research and community education about integrative practices that support population health. Watch for news about the hybrid Integrative Healthcare Conference: "Community Health and Healing," scheduled for September 10, 2022.