Who We Are
Located in the heart of Central New York, Utica College is a comprehensive, independent, private institution founded in 1946. We offer many of the advantages of a large university, such as:
- undergraduate and graduate degree options,
- excellent academic programs,
- outstanding faculty
...but with an intimacy and a high degree of personal attention more closely associated with smaller private colleges.
- Utica College offers a broad range of opportunities to grow personally and intellectually, helping you to build a strong foundation for success in your professional life.
- Students at UC often develop strong relationships with faculty and fellow students, forging bonds of friendship and academic affinity that can last a lifetime.
- Check out our Fast Facts page for key information about Utica College at-a-glance. Go >
- Meet some of UC's more than 19,000 alumni, many of whom occupy leadership positions in business, government, and the non-profit sector. Go >
- Discover UC's 128-acre campus via our virtual tour and other online features. Go >
Charter and Accreditation
The College is chartered by the Regents of The University of the State of New York under its corporate name, Utica College. Utica College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, (215) 662-5606. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation. Copies of accreditation reports are on file in the offices of the president and the provost.