Utica College National Alumni Council
Information about the NAC
The NAC supports and promotes the best interest of Utica College and fosters unity, loyalty and growth within the College community, which includes its students, perspective students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, Board of Trustees, and alumni.
A member is nominated to hold an NAC position based on demonstrated involvement, support of and commitment to Utica College. Upon election to the NAC and upon accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Council membership. These include but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in two scheduled Council meetings, each year. One meeting is held in the spring and the other is held during Homecoming Weekend – usually in September. Additional meetings may arise as needed to address Council business.
- Donating to the Annual Fund at a level appropriate to current circumstances is encouraged. The NAC strives for 100% participation from all members.
- Participating in e-meetings, when meetings on campus are not necessary, but work must be addressed.
- Actively serving on at least one Council committee as assigned with regular attendance on scheduled committee conference calls in between full Council meetings on campus.
- Being a representative and spokesperson for the Utica College Alumni Association. This could involve talking with prospective students, meeting with fellow alumni, communication in our legislators, attending local alumni events, and more.
- Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for committee and future NAC membership, other alumni activities, and alumni awards.
- Assist the College and the Office of Career Services in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, job placement, legislative advocacy, and financial support.
- Assist the College and the Alumni Association in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student experience at Utica College, thus helping mold more loyal alumni.
- Familiarity with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Alumni Association and participation in them to the extent possible, including large campus events (Homecoming Weekend, Convocation, and Commencement).
- Offer ideas to help make the Board of Directors and the Alumni Association more meaningful to the alumni constituency and initiate Board activities and initiatives.
- An ambassador, publicist, and advocate for the Alumni Association and Utica College.
- Continuously taking advantage of opportunities to develop and build relationships between the College and its alumni, as well as the relationship among fellow alumni.
NAC Members volunteering at the Career Expo at Utica College on Wednesday, April 8, 2009.
"Here at UC, the journey is immersing yourself in the college experience, both academically and through participation in student activities.."
Read full text >
National Multiple Sclerosis Society