UMAIL: Career Development Starts In Year One!
Your first year at Utica College is an exciting time for exploration and self-discovery. This holds true for your career planning, especially. That's why The Center for Career and Professional Development is here to guide and support you. Taking time to understand your interests, personality, skills, and values sets you on a path to find majors and career options that fit.
Engage with The Center in your first year by:
Other services provided by The Center include:
- Completing the online career assessment, FOCUS. You’ll be introduced to majors and careers that are compatible with your assessment results;
- Signing up for Handshake, the college’s career management system. Check your e-mail for the link to login. This is where you can register for our events, schedule an appointment, browse job and internship opportunities, and more;
- Meeting with a Career Coach to talk one-on-one about exploring employment industries of interest, and how to create a 4-year career plan that works for you.
- Résumé, cover letter, and LinkedIn critiques
- Mock interviews
- Professionalism and etiquette guidance
- Employer networking and recruiting events
- Campus employment opportunities
Executive Director, The Center for Career and Professional Development
View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive