UMAIL: Tips for a Successful Move-In Day
The Student Living staff is excited to welcome you to the Utica University family! The information below will help you have a smooth move-in process on Tuesday.
When is Move-In?
- Transfer students with 18 or fewer credits are strongly encouraged to move-in on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm to attend New Student Orientation as a member of the transfer student orientation group.
- Transfer students with 19 or more credits may move-in on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm or Sunday, August 28, 2022, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Those wishing to move-in on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, to get acclimated to the campus and to attend orientation as a member of the transfer student orientation group may do so. If you are interested in doing this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 18, 2022.
Are you cleared to move in? Please contact the Center for Student Success to ensure that you are all set with your financial aid package. You can contact them at (315) 792-3179. Their business hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Make sure to take a look at your Navigate To-Do List on the EAB app to make sure you have completed all items!
What should you pack? Please see our move-in webpage for the following information:
- A packing guide with information on suggested items to bring and items better left at home.
- Our fire safety policies and the items that are not allowed in the residence halls.
- How to properly register a tapestry or cloth item if you wish to have one hanging in your room.
Labeling your items We ask that all students label their items with the following information:
- LAST NAME
- ASSIGNED RESIDENCE HALL
- ASSIGNED ROOM NUMBER
If you do not know your housing assignment you can find it here.
Where to enter campus We ask that you enter campus through the Burrstone Road entrance. If you've visited for a tour, this is the entrance next to our Welcome Center. This will help us keep traffic flowing and will allow you immediate access to parking lot B where you will check in. Campus Safety will direct you where to line up. Click here for a campus map!
We are very excited for your arrival in a couple of weeks! Please contact the Office of Student Living and Campus Engagement at (315) 792-3285 with any questions!
Assistant Director of Housing Operations
View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive