UMAIL: Important Info for Orientation and Move-In
The New Student Orientation (NSO) team and the Office of Student Living and College Engagement are so excited to meet the class of 2024 in August! We have been working hard to develop and plan a fun, informative, and safe NSO and move-in experience for our new students and families!
This year’s NSO will be a hybrid model that will allow new students and their families to have early access to interactive information sessions to introduce you to UC resources, allow you to ask us all of your questions, hear about how we’ll be keeping you safe on campus this fall, and prepare you for life at UC! Once you arrive on campus, your in-person NSO experience will begin! Please keep in mind that NSO is required for all new students.
Registration for New Student Orientation is open now! Please be sure to register by visiting the NSO homepage (click the link that says ‘New Student Orientation’).
Parents & Families- you can also find information on local lodging on our site!
Students, keep checking your UC email! You will receive a detailed NSO schedule on Monday, August 3rd.
The virtual NSO platform will go live on Monday, August 10th.
New students will move onto campus between Monday, August 17th and Wednesday, August 19th. Students will have meetings with their Resident Assistants (RA) during this time, as well as have a lot of fun late- night activities!
Here is some brief information on what to expect during move-in:
- Beginning on Friday, July 17, 2020 all residential students will need to select a move-in shift. The Office of Student Living and College Engagement will also be allowing a limited amount of students to participate in our “Early Drop-Off Program” in order to allow for more flexibility with your move-in process.
- Option 1: Standard Fall Move-In
- New students will select an arrival shift between August 17, 2020 and August 19, 2020. Transfer students opting to participate in Orientation will also need to select a shift during this timeframe. Please note: fall sport athletes will have specific move-in information communicated to them.
- Option 2: Early Drop-Off Program
- Students may opt to participate in the Early Drop-Off Program to add a little more flexibility to their move-in experience. Students may select an Early Drop-Off shift between August 8, 2020 and August 14, 2020. New students will then select a day to arrive on campus to officially move into the residence halls between August 17, 2020 and August 19, 2020.
- For more detailed information on move-in and the early drop-off program, as well as information about how many people can assist you, what you can pack, etc. please visit our website: https://www.utica.edu/move-information
In-person and online Orientation sessions will take place from Thursday, August 20th to Saturday, August 22nd. Classes will begin on Monday, August 24th.
Please let our team know if you have any questions, we’re always happy to help!
Director of New Student Programs
Assistant Director for Student Living
View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive