UMAIL: Your UC Student ID Card
Every UC student is required to have a valid student identification card. This card gives you access to many important facilities on campus such as your residence hall, the Dining Commons, the Gannett Library, the Clark Athletic Center, and others. It is also your official UC identification, and should be carried at all times. You will receive your student ID when you arrive on campus.
All first-year students are required to email an appropriate photo to Campus Safety by Monday, August 10th.
We ask that you read and follow these guidelines carefully when taking your ID photo:
- This photo should be professional in nature. Smile or make a straight face. Do not make any unusual facial expressions;
- Use a solid colored background;
- Crop the picture to your shoulders;
- Wear school-appropriate attire. No costumes or uniforms.
- Do not wear any head-wear such as hats, headphones, sunglasses, etc;
- Prescription glasses are okay as long as they do not produce a glare;
- Selfies are okay, but do not use filters or edit the photo;
- To avoid shadows on your face try using a single light source straight on, or from a 45 degree angle.
Here are some examples:
| || |
|Appropriate ||Inappropriate |
Once you have taken an appropriate photo, email it to Campus Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your first name, last name, and student ID number in the body of your email.
All student ID photos will be reviewed. Any photos Campus Safety deems poor or inappropriate will not be used.
You can find more detailed information regarding student ID cards here. Feel free to contact the Office of Campus Safety at (315) 792-3046 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Campus Safety Coordinator
View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive