As move-in day gets closer, we're sure you're thinking about what things to bring with you when you're living on campus. We suggest reading through our packing guide for a full list of items to bring, and items better left at home.
Make things as simple and easy as possible on move-in day, by opting for a microfridge rental. This combined refrigerator/freezer/microwave can be waiting in your room-no lugging up the stairs required! Order by August 1, 2023, for guaranteed delivery by move-in!
Here is a short list of things to pack to help you get started!
- Clothes for all seasons
- UL listed multiple surge protector (or two)
- Coaxial cord for your TV
- Iron and ironing board
- Sports equipment
- Dishes and cooking utensils that are microwave-safe
- Dishcloths, dishtowels, dish detergent
- Small refrigerator (no larger than 3 cubic feet)
- Bathroom supplies
- Regular twin-sized bed sheets
- Laundry basket or bag
- Computer (desktop or laptop)
- Alarm Clock
- Fun Tack or "blue painter's tape" for hanging pictures/posters
- Memo board
It's a good idea to connect with you roommate(s) to work out who will bring the larger items like a refrigerator or television. Just a reminder that most residence halls have communal kitchens with a microwave, stove, oven, and sink you can use! Check your residence hall’s amenities here.
Don't forget to look at this list of prohibited items as certain items are not allowed in the residence halls.