Here's a brief message from your admissions counselor at Utica College.
UMAIL #16: Get the credit you deserve!
This issue of UMail is about getting credit where credit is due. In other words, it outlines the guidelines for receiving credit at UC for AP, IB or college level courses.

Be sure to send us the following items if you have not yet done so to complete your admission and student file, and to ensure you are properly registered.

Official Final High School Transcript 
If your school counselor has not yet done so, please ask them to send an official copy of your final transcript with graduation date to Utica College.

AP Credit
If you have taken AP classes in high school, and wish to have your exam results considered for college credit, please contact the college board to have your AP score report sent to Utica College.  

IB Credit
Did you earn IB credits in high school?  Is so, you can contact the International Baccalaureate Organization at

Official Final High School Transcript
All transfer students must provide an official final high school transcript unless they have an associate's degree.

Official Final College Transcript
Whether you are a high school student who has taken college-level courses in high school or a transfer student, Utica College requires an official final college transcript in order to award credit. Please ensure that we receive all official college transcripts (sent to Utica by your prior institution) as soon as possible to ensure the appropriate credit is applied, and course scheduling is accurate.

Lauryn Moore
Assistant Director of New Student Programs
(315) 223-2598


View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive

UTICA COLLEGE  |  1600 Burrstone Road, Utica, NY 13502

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter UC on Instagram UC on Snapchat