UMAIL: Accepting your financial aid award
An important next step is to accept your financial aid award.
Funding will not be applied to your account unless you accept your financial aid award.
Follow the steps below to accept your award.
- Login to your BannerWeb account using your UC username and password.
- Click "Student Services"
- Click “Financial Aid”
- Click “Award”
- Click “Award for Aid Year”
- Select the 2020-2021 academic year then submit
- Select the “Accept Award Offer” tab and follow the instructions
- You must accept or decline each loan offered to you.
If you accept your federal loans, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling in order for the loans to disburse to your account. Visit studentaid.gov to complete these steps.
Parent PLUS Loans
This is a loan in your parent’s name. It requires a credit check. If you accept the Parent PLUS loan in BannerWeb, your parent must apply for the loan, and be approved. The parent applying for the loan must:
- Login to studentaid.gov
- Select the “Apply for Aid” tab
- Click "Apply for a Parent PLUS Loan"
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Failure to accept or decline your offered awards may result in a balance on your account, and/or prevent you from registering for classes!
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact the Center for Student Success at (315) 792-3179 or email@example.com, and ask to speak with your financial aid counselor.
Also, don't forget to complete your Consent Form if you haven't already done so!
Director of Financial Aid
View missed Umail messages in the Umail Archive