Health Studies Management - Program Student Learning Goals
A Competent Health Studies Management student will:
- understand the basic concepts of managing a health care organization
- be able to describe a health systems system's past, current and possible future behaviors, based on an understanding of the interdependencies of social, economic, political and systems.
Communications – As a strong communicator Health Studies students will:
- demonstrate effectiveness in written communications (writes clear, concise, and grammatically correct professional prose)
- demonstrate strong and effective in oral communication skills–(makes oral presentation of management principles in a clear manner)
- demonstrate effective interpersonal communications skills (can communicate well with other individuals in team interactions)
Critical Thinking – As an astute critical thinker our Health Studies students will:
- critically evaluate the context and quality of management healthcare delivery within and outside the United States
- be able to understand the advantages and disadvantages of public and private management practices
- articulate basic healthcare policies related to federal, state and accrediting bodies
Ethical Leadership – Our Health Studies students will:
- recognize key statutory requirements and codes of conduct affecting medical practices
- comprehend the ethical issues commonly encountered in medical practice.
- recognize that poor ethical reasoning can lead to severe negative outcomes to a wide variety of publics.
- understands that ethical decisions have both personal as a well as social and legal outcomes
- is able to apply ethical codes of conduct: Recognizes that ethical decisions do not always have quick or perfect solutions.
Global Business Understanding – Our Health Studies students will:
- be able to describe policies that address the need for medical sensitivity across diverse social and cultural populations
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >