*NEW* Self Service Portal
Monday through Friday
Engage Support: 1-866-264-1537
Walk Up Support, L120
General Support Email: email@example.com
What We Do:
The Utica College User Services department is responsible for the operations of all computer labs and faculty staff computers on our Utica campus. In all, over 1200 computers are supported by our staff members as well as our crew of student employees. Please read the following to understand what services the Tech Support Desk provides.
FOR STUDENTS:Only partial support is available for non-college owned devices, such as student laptops or cell phones.
- Help connecting to the UC Wireless network will be provided for most devices, including laptops.
- We can help with connecting iPod Touch or iPhone's to the wireless network, as well as configure email access.
- Students will be assisted with any issues with network or email accounts as well as any other problems encountered while using a college system.
- Anyone using our eLearning system, Engage, can get 24/7 phone or email support by calling 1-866-264-1537 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our ResNet department can assist with problems relating to internet connections in Residence Halls, and can sometimes resolve virus and spyware infections.
- Basic instruction can be provided for using most hardware or software. In depth help requires an appointment.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
- The above statements are also true for faculty and staff personal computers or devices. We however do not recommend use of personal equipment for business use due to security concerns.
- The Tech Support Desk provides technical support for all College owned computer equipment purchased by IITS. Phone support, walk in, and "housecall" support is available for most issues by contacting us. We can be reached by phone on campus at extension 3115. Off-campus dial (315)-792-3115 . You may also email us at email@example.com .
- Basic questions can often be answered over the phone. More extensive training may require an appointment with James Farr, the IITS Instructional Technologist.
- To request multimedia services, such as projectors, screens, smart carts, use the online request form. Equipment requests must be submitted at least one day in advance and are subject to availability.
- Contact the Information and Application Services department for any Banner problems.
Please see our Mobile Device support page if you are interested in obtaining support for a cell phone, smart phone, pda or iPod/iPhone. We provide limited support and we recommend checking this page before making a purchase.
There are no alerts at this time.
View Past Alerts and Updates
Find yourself switching between Full Screen and Window mode in a program like Windows Media Player? The ESC key can usually be used to turn off Full Screen Mode. The shortcut Alt + Enter also will toggle Full Screen mode on and off.