Read & Write Gold (R&WG)
Quick Reference Card
Downloads & Help
Version 11.5 - Students, faculty and staff can
downloada free version
- Click the link above, login if prompted, and select a place to save the Setup.zip file.
- Once it is downloaded, go to the location and unzip or extract the contents.
- Once it is unzipped open the file and double click setup.exe.
- Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, a licensing box should appear, press Activate.
- First, if you have an old version of Read Write Gold, you'll need to delete it by dragging it into the trash from your applications folder.
- This download requires you to be signed out of Gmail and signed into your Utica email account before clicking the link in the next step. Open a new tab and login to your UC email. You may have to log out of other gmail accounts.
Version 6 - Students, faculty and staff cana free version
- After clicking on the download link above, a new tab/page should open showing RWG6_Mac.dmg
- Press the download arrow in the top right of the browser window, another page might pop up saying that it can't scan for viruses, please select Download Anyway.
- The download should go into the Mac Download folder unless told otherwise.
- When it is done you'll see a file called RWG_Mac.dmg in your Downloads, double click this file to mount which will open the file
- Open your Application folder and drag the Read & Write application over into Applications
- For Mac, if the dmg file is giving an error saying that is damaged, it might be a security restriction. To fix this:
- Go to System Preferences>Security and Privacy
- At the bottom of the Page is a Padlock image, next to it says "click the lock to make changes". If it shows as locked then click it and login with your mac account to change the settings.
- Once logged in find "Allow apps Downloaded from:", make sure Anywhere is selected.
- Open the DMG file once again, this time it should give an option box saying "This App was downloaded from the internet", hit okay.
For Support with this Software Please Choose the Links Below
- For support: Click Here