Psychology - Program Student Learning Goals
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major subfields of psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statistical inference and probabilistic reasoning as applied to psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the scientific method is applied to sound research design in psychology.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate psychological concepts clearly and effectively in writing.
- Demonstrate an ability to use American Psychological Association citation style, construct written reports conforming to APA style, and avoid plagiarism.
UC's psychology department offers excellent facilities for research and discovery.
[Click here for full list]
- Abe Judson Memorial Psychology Center - features statistical and stiumuli software on all computers
- Animal Behavior Laboratories - located in Gordon Science Center, for research on behavior and visual perception
- Child Development Laboratory - with one-way mirrored observation room
JOIN US ON CAMPUS:
SATURDAY INFO SESSIONS
Q&A with staff followed by a campus tour.
Learn more about programs, financial aid, student life, more.
Upcoming events >
"The psychology program at UC offered me a chance to challenge my abilities and develop and fine-tune the skills that I have transferred to my current occupation." "The psychology program at UC offered me a chance to challenge my abilities and develop and fine-tune the skills that I have transferred to my current occupation."
William Mullen '91