How can we help you?
The Center for Innovative Learning (CIL) is here to help you with your instructional needs. We are located in White 127 and available by appointment. Our staff of three can help you in various ways depending on your needs. We most commonly help you integrate technology, such as Google Drive, the Engage LMS, Voicethread, and other media, into your instruction.
Katie Hanifin, Instructional Designer
|Katie works with program directors, instructors, and subject matter experts to design and develop course content from module objectives to course assessment and everything in between. |
Questions Katie can help you answer:
- How can I improve my discussions so that students explore a topic rather than end up at one conclusion?
- Is there a way to streamline my grading?
- I want my students to produce media to demonstrate a concept, rather than write another paper. How do I get started?
- Group work in my course is a jumbled mess! Is there a way to manage groups and maintain a quality outcome?
- How can I capture my students' attention on key topics in a time-efficient way?
Instructional Applications Specialist
Robert is a key contact where instructional processes meet. He manages all reporting for CIL's projects, and facilitates communication between the various stakeholders across campus. Robert is the CIL’s contact point for other UC offices where work processes overlap with the LMS or other technology including: Registrar, SFS, Banner Programming, Institutional Research, Student Success, Provost, User Services, and Engage Hosting (Deltak).
Questions Robert can help you answer:
- I am looking for data. Can Engage or Banner help me generate any reports?
- I am trying to meet the Engage transition deadline, what piece should I work on first?
- What is the deal with a 'master' course?
- I would like to share documents with my class. Is there an easier way?
For technical or ENGAGE help please use the 24 Hour Personal Support Center