The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
In order to apply for Utica College's CSTEP program, students must meet the following criteria:
- NY State resident,
- African-American, Hispanic, Native American or low-income Caucasian or Asian student (Caucasian and Asian students must meet income guidelines for eligibility)
- declare and maintain a major in one of the CSTEP-targeted majors,
- earned minimum GPA of 2.5 or better (for continuing students) with the understanding that your cumulative averages must be higher for competitiveness in your prospective field. (Note: We do not accept freshmen until after they have either completed at least one year and have declared a major in a CSTEP-targeted field or completed CSTEP Summer Institute.),
- if students are pursuing a concentration such as pre-law or pre-med, they must be identified and currently working with the faculty advisors for those concentrations to be eligible for CSTEP consideration.
(Caucasian and Asian students only)
All economic eligibility criteria apply to the calendar year prior to the academic year of first entry to college. For 2012-13, it is the 2011 calendar year.
For the purpose of this subdivision, the number of members of a household shall be determined by ascertaining the number of individuals living in the student's residence who are economically dependent on the income, as defined in subdivision 6 of this section, supporting the student.
For students first entering college between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014:
|Number of Members in Household (incl. head of household)||Total Annual Income in Preceding Calendar Year|
|7 or more||$65,879 plus $7,437 for each family member in excess of 7|
- Accountancy - CPA
- Computer Science
- Health Studies
- Math and science teacher education
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Psychology/Psychology Child Life
- Therapeutic Recreation