Recognized Student Organization Re-Registration
Re-registration for recognized student organizations that are seeking re-recognition for the 2013-2014 school year runs Monday, March 25, 2013 – Sunday, April 14, 2013.
- Complete re-registration form on Pioneer Place
- Get Advisor contract signed
- Attend Org Board Training session
The re-registration form will be open from 12am Monday, March 25th, 2013 until 12am Monday, April 15th (AKA Sunday night). Here are the detailed steps of this portion of re-registration process:1. A current e-board member must sign in to http://Pioneerplace.utica.edu with their Banner information.
2. They go to the organization profile they wish to re-register, and will find a “Register” button on the home page. If one person is an e-board member of multiple organizations, they can re-register them all.
3. The pages on the registration form are as follows:
a. Instruction page: nothing to fill in, but students need to read this page because it details what information they’ll need to know and what materials they need to have ready to upload
b. Org Profile: org name, description, mission, values, external websites, etc. Students should read through what will already be filled in to check for accuracy and spelling errors.
c. Org Roster: students will be required to fill in each of the following positions with the names and e-mail addresses of the members who will be in the positions for the year that re-registration is for (who will be in these positions for 2013-2014). If the organization has more than just these positions, or if these positions are called something different by the organization (such as “president” being “captain” or “director”), they can be added in later on the organization’s page; however, these are the 6 REQUIRED positions that every org must have:
iii. Vice President
d. Constitution: students should have a current electronic copy of their organization constitution and/or bylaws. These are confidential documents and are only seen by members of the organization unless an org administrator changes permissions.
e. Categories: this is the classification of the organization based on its mission and values. This should already be chosen; however, students can check for accuracy and change it if they feel the change is necessary.
f. Interests: These are interests that coincide with the mission and values of the organization. They are also used to recruit new members based on personal interests. The more interests associated with an organization profile, the more possible members will be directed to the organization profile by Pioneer Place.
g. Picture: Org profile pictures should be tasteful and also communicate what the org is about. These can be group photos, the org logo, or a general picture associated with the mission and values of the org (such as a picture of an apple for Education Club)
4. Once everything is completed sufficiently, the user can press the “Submit” button, and the complete re-registration form will be sent to the Office of Student Activities for approval.
5. The user who filled out the re-registration form will get a message stating whether the form was complete and accepted by the office, or if the form needs to be resubmitted. The office will detail exactly what needs to be added or changed if anything needs to be.
The Advisor Contract format can be found online and must be printed, filled out, and returned to the Office of Student Activities before the re-registration deadline. Note that organizations do not have to keep the same advisor(s) from year to year, but the office recommends this to keep org history consistency.
Also, it is allowable for orgs to have more than one advisor, however, only one is required for recognition. Orgs can turn in more than one contract if they choose to have more than one advisor. Contracts are only needed from official Utica College faculty or staff members. Complete this process to get the advisor form:
1. Find the form on the Student Activities’ website under the FORMS page http://www.utica.edu/student/activities, or under the Student Senate website under the FORMS page http://www.utica.edu/student/activities/organizations/senate/.
2. PRINT the form, schedule a meeting with the organization advisor and an e-board member, and fill out the form together.
3. BOTH the advisor and the organization president for the year in which re-registration is being sought must sign the form.
4. Turn in the completed and signed form to the Office of Student Activities, 103 Strebel Student Center, during office hours. Advisors can also send the contract to the office through campus mail.
There are five Student Organization Board Training sessions scheduled. There is more than enough opportunity for all organizations to attend these trainings. All five sessions will present the same information, so a representative from the organization only has to be present at one of the five sessions. It is most beneficial if the next president and treasurer attend.
Only one representative from each organization is required to be present, although all are welcomed and encouraged. Attendance will be taken at each of these training sessions, so please be sure to sign in and write down the organization represented. If one person would like to represent more than one organization, they are free to do so, as long as that is indicated on the sign-in sheet. If all other pieces of re-registration are completed and an org was not represented at a training session, re-registration completion will not be granted. The planned sessions are:
- Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:30pm – 4:00pm in Strebel Aud
- Friday, April 5, 2013 9:00am – 10:30am in Strebel Aud
- Monday, April 8, 2013 6:00pm – 7:30pm in Strebel Aud
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:00pm – 3:30pm in Strebel Aud
- Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:00pm – 3:30pm in Strebel Aud