- To constantly strive towards the expansion of awareness of the Latino culture to our members and the community at large
- To promote sisterhood and leadership amongst ourselves
- To serve as models of excellence in academics and achievements among women
About Sigma Iota Alpha:
As we embark on our twentieth year of Solidaridad, Inspiracion, and Amistad, Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc., strives to travel through new channels of involvement in the Latino community while reinforcing our commitment to our philanthropies. We look forward to increasing our presence on a national front, and we encourage all members in and outside of the Hermandad to take an active stance in our community and pave the way for generations to come.
Our precious and rare Hermandad is, not only a family unit, but also a vehicle for change. We emphasize the importance of education and knowledge through various educational programs and involvement in our community. As an organization composed of strong and dedicated women, we have striven to empower all women, both within and outside the Hermandad. Although a Latin based organization we do not limit membership according to one's background. We are open and welcome all ethnicity and cultures.
Utica College Founders:
- Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Incorporada (SIA) became established at Utica College in Spring of 2010.
- Seven Lovely Latin Ladies were dedicated to bringing a Latin sorority to our campus. They are known as the Founding Sisters of Utica Colony:
|Date Founded||National: September 29th, 1990|
Chapter: Spring 2010
|Colors||Red, Gold, Royal Blue|
|Philanthropy||HIV and AIDS|
|Motto||"Semper Unum et Inseparabilis"|
"Always One and Inseperable."
|Type||National. Social and Professional Sorority|
|Other||59 Chapters/ 9 Colonies|
For more information please contact our Chapter President Tatiana Betances at email@example.com or our National Website