Utica College Accounting Society
The Herman Crown Fund
Bylaws as written by Class of 2008
- Funds are to remain fully invested at all times.
- We will buy shares in domestic and international index funds as a benchmark.
- We will allocate remaining funds among a minimum of 5 market sectors-minimum 1 stock in each.
- We will buy stocks long; we may sell covered calls as a method of improving our yield; and we may buy puts as a method of minimizing risk.
- We will re-balance our portfolio annually.
- Distributions from the fund are only allowed by a majority vote of the members of the Accounting Society, with approval of the adviser. Distributions may only be used for activities of the Accounting Society and furtherance of the accounting major in the College of Business and Justice Studies
OFFICE OF STUDENT LIVING AND COLLEGE ENGAGEMENT
The Gay Alliance
The SafeZone program was created to develop, enhance and maintain environments in workplaces, schools and other social settings that are culturally competent and supportive to LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning) individuals, as well as straight, cisgender people who care about diversity, equality and inclusion.
What is a SafeZone?
A safe zone or a safe space is a place where all people feel welcome and safe. It may be a room, a car, or an entire college campus. The Gay Alliance SafeZone program aims to increase the awareness, knowledge, and skills for individuals and address the challenges that exist when one wants to advocate for their LGBTQ peers, family members, friends and co-workers. Creating safe zones or safe spaces is a proactive step that schools, agencies and corporations can take to create welcoming, inclusive spaces so that all people are empowered to reach their full potential.
Contact Dean of Diversity and Student Development Alane Varga at avarga
for more information or how to become SafeZone Certified