LW Mentor Position Description
Leadership Weekend mentors are students who have attended Leadership Weekend in the past and are interested in participating a second time, taking on additional responsibilities, and applying their leadership skills in working with their peers. Qualified students are those participants who have excelled in their leadership roles after they’ve returned to campus and who are excited to help others learn and develop as leaders. Those students who are chosen to serve as LW Mentors will be active members of that year's LW Planning Committee.
- Have attended Leadership Weekend at least once
- Have demonstrated good leadership skills both during the weekend and throughout the year(s) afterward
- Participate actively as LW Planning Committee members
- Incorporate suggestions from the student evaluations into the planning process
- Actively participate in weekend activities
- Facilitate leadership activities with some help from faculty/staff members when appropriate
- Provide guidance and support for students throughout the weekend
- Encourage participation in activities and motivate attendees
- Intervene if appropriate when concerns arise, involve faculty/staff facilitators when necessary
- Role model active engagement, productive energy, and positive attitude
- Coordinate tasks like departure from UC, leadership activities schedule, clean-up camp, gathering students, dining duties, down-time activities, etc.
- Challenge themselves and others to be open to new and different experiences
- Serve as mediators for difficult situations
- Check in with student groups after returning from LW
Deadline: Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 11:59pm
Note: This form needs to be filled out in its entirety to be considered for the mentor position. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. The questions should be answered thoroughly. Please feel free to use as much space as you need.
Mentor Applicants will receive an e-mail AFTER the application deadline with information regarding their status.
Strebel Student Center
Request a Leadership Workshop for your organization.
Create your own Organization.
Attend events hosted by UCPB, Student Senate, Greek organizations, and other clubs.
Use common spaces like Pio Pub or Strebel Lounge to study, eat, pass time between classes, or hang out with friends.