I know it is the last day of finals, and some people have left already, but I, like many others, am not able to leave until tomorrow! It is inevitable: every break, I always manage to forget something to take home or to bring back… I also know some of you who have the same problem as well! This winter break, I have a fool proof way of remembering everything to take home and bring back.
1. Go through your daily routine and put all of your necessities in a pile (even if you still need it). It gives you a visual of what you need to take home and helps remind you of everything when you are about to leave because you have already seen it all there!
2. Do not forget your fish… or other pets… (I had hermit crabs for my first two years at Utica College!). Also remember to have a plan of how to transport them. I kept my Beta Fish container that I bought my fish, Leonardo in just to transport him. Leonardo DiCaprio is all ready to go!
3. Do not forget to clean your room, do your laundry and take out your trash! You do not want to come back to ants and a stinky room!
4. I also take home everything I do not need, such as my Christmas decorations, summer clothes and whatever other things I do not use or need anymore at school. I live 5 hours away so I do not get to go home very often to do these things!
5. If you are driving home, make sure you check your car! Make sure the tires and oil are safe and ready to go and make sure you have your phone charged in case of emergency. JUST DONT TEXT AND DRIVE! 🙂
1. Remember to bring back your necessities, such as all of the items you wanted to make sure you did not forget before leaving! Last year, I forgot my hair brush (which is extremely important or else I will look like a caveman. Trust me, it’s for all of the safety of the civilians of Utica College!).
2. Make sure you have all of your clothes and whatnot cleaned and ready to go so you don’t forget anything important, and so you do not need to do laundry as soon as you get back.
3. If you are like me and will not be able to go home until the spring break, remember to bring back spring clothes and jackets; you never know what will happen with the weather in Utica, New York!
4. Make sure you have your classes figured out, your payments made and your books are bought! It relieves a lot of stress to know you just need to worry about studying!
5. Bring your game face! It’s a new semester, so if you did not get the 4.0 fall semester (which was my original goal…) you can still accomplish it this coming semester! Be positive and ready to work hard, and you will be off to a great start! I am so excited to see my horse!! Hopefully I do not forget anything due to the near-bursting excitement!