Warning this post might be a little redundant but I really really love Fall, so here it goes.
Yesterday, started the first day of my favorite season. Since I could remember, I have always been a fall and Halloween fanatic. Even though 90% of the time Upstate/Central New York has been less than the ideal climate to live in, it always seems to shine in Fall. So I’d thought I start the season off well with a short blog on eleven reasons why fall in Utica is actually the best.
1.Fall clothes- Who doesn’t love trading in shorts and tank tops to wear clothes you can eat a whole pizza in the night before, and for it not to show. Sweaters, scarves, jeans and high boots are actually the best things ever invented.
2. Football, Football, and a little more Football. Nothing like kicking back on a Sunday afternoon after a long and stressful week, to watch your favorite team kick some butt. Football, pizza, wings, and good company are all you really need in life.
3. All the pretty colors. Who doesn’t love walking around and seeing all the beautiful colors that fall has to offer. Red, green, orange, have never been a better color combination.
4. It’s not too hot and not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
5. Pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice donuts, pumpkin spice pizza, pumpkin spice everythinggg. Or should I say pugkin spice?
7. Haunted Houses/ Haunted Hayrides. Who doesn’t love a good thrill every once in a while? getting your scare on with a group of friends at a Haunted House sounds like a good time to me.
8. HALLOWEEN costumes. Nothing is better than a good old fashion Halloween costume. Keeping it classy and original is my favorite kind of costume. Flash back to sophomore year when I dressed as one of the girls in the “What does the Fox say” music video.
9. That weird burning smell that is always in the air when you walk outside but is strangely refreshing. I’m still waiting for them to make a Yankee candle of that smell. I’ll totally be their first customer when they do.
10. Last but not least, HALLOWEEN movies. Nothing will make you feel like more of a kid again than binge watching Hocus Pocus and all the Halloween Town movies again. Who remembers a time when the only thing they had to worry about is what time “Halloweentown Revenge of the Kalabar’s” was on?
11. Last but not least…Homecoming! This year UC brought back the free carnival complete with thrilling rides and all the classic carnival games. What could be better? Don’t forget to invite your families to all the events and tomorrow’s football game!
So sit back, relax, and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year because soon it will be covered with ten feet of snow…