Eating Healthy

Ever since I came to Utica College, I have been consistently working out now. I am usually in the gym for 2 to 4 hours a day everyday. I have been killing myself to gain so much weight. But gaining or even losing weight has very little to what you do at the gym or the amount of crunches you can do at home. Working out is only 20% of the work. The other 80% is nutrition. Nutrition is the most important thing in gaining weight, losing weight, or just want to be healthy. Lets look at some things that would help you keep a healthy diet.

1. Eat more greens – It is good to eat your vegetables. Many people just leave vegetables on the plate and it’s left to be thrown away.

2. Count Calories – Try counting the amount of calories you put in your body. I try consuming about 5,000 calories a day. Some people eat less calories then there suppose to.

3. Lay – off Fast food – Either if your losing or gaining weight, Mcdonalds, Burger King…etc is not the way.

4. Don’t Eat Before you sleep – Eating before you sleep isn’t a good idea. That just slows down your metabolism which can lead to health issues in the future.

5. Cut Back on Salt and Sugar – Salt and sugar can lead to health issues such as diabetes or high blood pleasure. It’s okay to have salt but don’t over do it.

These are simple things I do to at least TRY to stay healthy. You should try them.

TwitterStumbleUponLinkedInWordPressTumblrFacebookGoogle+Blogger PostEmailPinterestShare