When I first came here, I was unaware of all the fun things to do around Utica College!! While you can still go skiing, when it gets warmer, try out these five fun activities!
1. Utica Zoo: I love the zoo!! There are over 200 animals from all over the world at the zoo and you can choose a guided tour, an animal encounter or even just tour around. It is also a great time for relaxation and fun. I went with a bunch of my friends and had a lot of fun learning about the different animals! Check out http://uticazoo.org/animals/
2. Saranac Brewery Tour: This place is really cool even if you are not 21! You take a tour through the brewery and you can have samples of the alcohol if you are 21 and samples of the soda if you are under 21! For more information go to http://www.saranac.com/tours/
3. Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute: Another great place if you just want to relax or if you love art! I have never really been the “artsy” type, but I really enjoyed the art the museum has to offer and historical significance. Learn more at http://www.mwpai.org/visit/
4. The War Club Paintball Park: This is a blast! Its the largest paintball park in central NY and has paintball for people of all ages and experience levels. I had never done it before and I had so much fun! Check it out on http://thewarclub.com
5. Pixley Falls State Park: My boyfriend and I went hiking last spring here and it was beautiful! It was the perfect place to just relax before the stress of finals week. There is a 50 foot waterfall, picnic areas, a nature trail and trout streams. Check it out on http://nysparks.com/parks/32/details.aspx