- Knowledge base. Graduates will have an understanding of the following fields of study within the framework of psychology as a single field of study, learning, measurement, biopsychology, social, developmental, personality, abnormal, cognitive, personality, and psychology of adjustment.
- Thinking skills. Graduates will have developed critical thinking skills and will be able to apply those skills to an evaluation of the media and of their own attitudes.
- Language skills. Graduates will demonstrate college level reading, writing and thinking in the language of the discipline, including use of APA style.
- Information gathering and synthesis. Graduates will be able to use the library and computerized search tools and to synthesize information into persuasive arguments.
- Research methods and statistical skills. Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of research methodology and statistical skill.
- Interpersonal skills. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to self-monitor and work in groups as needed.