Mission and Values
tica College integrates liberal and professional studies to educate students for rewarding careers, responsible citizenship, enlightened leadership, and fulfilling lives.
Utica College's mission rests upon a foundation of values that guide the College community's decisions and actions. These values include the following:
- Individual attention for our students
- Lifelong learning
- Pragmatic approaches to teaching and learning
- Continual improvement in our educational and operational quality
- Diversity of perspective, background, and experience in an increasingly global society
- Community and professional service
- Ethical behavior and integrity in all that we do
- Freedom of expression and the open sharing of ideas and creativity
- Open, honest, and collegial communication
- The well being of others
Utica College Accreditation
The College is chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York under its corporate name, Utica College, and also is mentioned in Syracuse University's charter. The Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, (215) 662-5606, accredits Utica College.
The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation. Copies of the accreditation reports are on file in the offices of the president and the vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty.
Founded in 1946, UC is a comprehensive institution that offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.
UC enrolls 2,537 full- and part-time undergraduate students, and 736 full- and part-time graduate students.
The College offers 38 undergraduate degrees in more than 60 areas of study.
The College offers 20 graduate programs, including master's degrees, doctoral programs, and graduate-level certificates. Options include:
- business administration
- criminal justice administration
- cybersecurity - intelligence and forensics
- economic crime management
- health care administration
- liberal studies
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy