Rental & Digital Textbooks
RentalRenting your textbooks is the best way to save the most amount of money. Our Rent-A-Text program has several benefits for you to take advantage of.
Value: At it's core, Rent-A-Text is about affordability. Students can save, on average, 50 percent or more compared to the price of a new textbook. With variable rental pricing, especially on our used books, students can save upwards of 70 percent compared to the price of a new textbook.
Flexibility: Rent Fearlessly! Rent-A-Text allows students to highlight, take notes and easily convert a rental to a purchase should they decide they want to keep the textbook.
Convenience: Only the campus store can ensure that students buy the correct course materials and that they have access to textbooks the day classes begin. We're conveniently located right on campus, and we accept payment options like financial aid both in store and on our website (which is something students can't use anywhere else).
The Rental Process
There are a few key pieces of information that students need to be aware of in order to participate in the Rent-A-Text program:
- Students must be 18 years of age at the time of the rental transaction. (Student under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian rent the textbook(s) on their behalf until the student reaches the age of 18)
- A valid, major credit card must be put on file to act as collateral in the event the textbook is not returned by the due date or if it is not returned in salable condition.
- The rental fee is due at the time of the transaction.
- Students that rent for the first time can be 'express' registered for the program in store at the registers. The student will be required to go online to complete the registration process in order to rent additional textbooks.
- Rented textbooks can be highlighted and written in, but must be returned in salable condition. (i.e. No broken spines, water damage, etc.)
- Rental books can be converted to purchase at any time after the rental transaction and prior to the due date.
- All rented textbooks must be returned by the due date. The due date is indicated on the receipt. Email reminders will be sent to the address on file as a reminder, but it remains the responsibility of the patron to ensure that the book has been returned to the store on time.
- Students that do not return the rental books by the due date will be subject to "non-return charges and processing fees."
Please send any questions regarding the Rent-A-Text program to email@example.com.
Digital textbooks are a great option for any student. From the tech savvy to the everyday user, our digital options have features that everyone can take advantage of. The interfaces are user friendly, the books are more portable, and there are often additional features that are not available with traditional print textbooks.
When Digital is a Good Choice
- Offers an intuitive interface and expert technical support
- Ability to take notes, highlight, and bookmark
- Never out of stock - purchase textbook and use it right away.
- Often priced less than new textbooks (see store or our website for details)
- Purchase in store and online with all tender types, including financial aid (when available from school)
- Web-based reader with access on multiple device
- Download textbooks for offline reading (see store for more details)
- Study smarter by sharing notes and insights with others.
There are several digital options that we offer. They are compatible with most computers, tablets, and smartphones. All digital books are accessible online when an internet connection is available. There are some restrictions with downloading content (generally limited to computers and tablets; most smartphones can only access content online).
Digital textbooks are available for purchase in a few different formats.
- Digital rental and digital buy (options and rental duration vary by publisher)
- Follett's BryteWave™ gives students the option to 'Try Before You Buy' and comprises our largest selection of digital textbooks.
- BryteWave™ provides tools to use digital textbooks in ways that you have never been able to before. You can easily search an entire text for specific information in a matter of seconds; you can take notes directly in the text, bookmark important areas, and highlight information for easy recall and review when preparing for exams or writing papers.
- In most cases you are able to share your note(s) with those people that have the same BryteWave™ title as you and are within the same institution setting as you. By default, your notes are private.
- 'Try Before You Buy' - By creating an account through BryteWave™, most publishers allow us to offer access to the book content for a three day period. You will have access to the full BryteWave™ functionality.
- After the 'Try Before You Buy' trial period has ended, you will lose access to the book content. However, any notes or highlighting will remain available until you decide to purchase the digital book.