Faculty and Staff Website Frequently Asked Questions
You may use your Web site for anything that does not violate UC's Interim Web Policy. Faculty and staff members typically post the following kinds of information on their Web pages:
- Information about professional and scholarly interests
- Syllabi and other information related to course work
- Curriculum vitae
- Interesting facts and observations
- Lists of publications authored by the individual, as well as full text of the publications themselves
- Links to Web sites that relate to the faculty/staff member's area of expertise or interests
If you want to establish your Web presence, contact Joe Perry, Web Content Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (315) 792-3026.
Since the launch of the current UC Web site in 2005, all faculty/staff Web pages are built using the SiteManager content management system. This is an easy-to-use system that requires no specialized development software and is accessed through your Web browser. Training in SiteManager use is available from the Web Content Manager (see above).
There are also some support materials available to SiteManager users on our CMS Help Resources page, including UC's SiteManager Training Guides and the Interim Web Policy document.
If you need assistance with:
- using the content management system
- writing for the Web
- policies and procedures relating to the UC Web site
...your first point of contact should be UC's Web Content Manager:
Phone: (315) 792-3026
Fax: (315) 792-3245
AIM Screen name: UCWebManager
If you are having a technical problem, you can also contact the Web department at email@example.com, though it's best to start with the Web Content Manager.