Program Specific Requirements
In addition to your completed application, personal statement, application fee, and official transcripts*, you need to fulfill the following requirements.
Applicants to the Occupational Therapy program must have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a “B” average (GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited institution;
- Successful completion of designated prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C.
These courses include:
• Anatomy & Physiology I & II
• General Psychology
• Research lV methods
• Introduction to Sociology or Diversity
• Human Develop ment
• Upper level sociology or anthropology course exploring multi-cultural perspectives of health
• Upper level anatomy course such as Gross Anatomy or Neuroanatomy
• Abnormal psychology
• Biomechanics such as Kinesiology
• Medical conditions & terminology
- Two personal recommendations (one from a currently practicing occupational therapist and one from an academic professor);
- Knowledge of the profession through work or volunteer experience. Applicants should complete 25 hours of volunteer/observation experience with an occupational therapy practitioner in at least two different practice settings and write a reflective summary of those experiences.
- Letters of support indicating a total of 25 hours of volunteer work experience with an occupational therapy practitioner in a minimum of two different occupational therapy settings.
OT Volunteer Observation Verification Form
- A physical health examination, completion of designated health requirements, and accident and health insurance;
- CPR certification for adult/child/infant.
- Transcript evaluation/Plan of Prerequisite Completion Form (Please contact the graduate admissions office to arrange for a transcript evaluation.)
For more information, contact the Occupational Therapy Office, 236 White Hall, (315) 792-3146 or or the Office of Graduate Admissions at (315) 792- 3010 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for Canadian Students: If you choose to do clinicals in Canada, there is an additional fee charged by National Field Placement Services for students who attend programs in the US. You will be responsible for paying this fee as it is not part of your tuition.
For more information:
National Field Placement Services
Fieldwork Placement Coordinator
Ph: 1 866 294 5160
Learn more about
Graduate Inquiry Form
Graduate study at Utica College.
CONTACT US TODAY >