GETTING FINANCIAL AID
Here is what you need to do:
► EXPLORE YOUR FINANCIAL AID OPTIONS
A substantial amount of student aid comes from scholarships and grants available directly through Utica College. For example, in Fall 2010, the average financial aid package for incoming freshman students, including:
...was $29,875. That amount exceeded the cost of tuition at UC in the 2009-10 academic year.
- Student employment
- Federal loans
Explore UC scholarships, grants, and awards
► SUBMIT YOUR FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA)
[Utica College's federal school code is 002883]
Use this application to apply for all kinds of federal student aid, including
Submitting your FAFSA also begins the process of determining your eligibility for receiving
- Pell Grants,
- various types of student loans, and
- student employment aid.
direct aid from Utica College.
What you will need for your FAFSA:
- Utica College's federal school code: 002883
- Your social security number and your parents’ social security numbers (if needed)
- Your driver’s license (if you have one)
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Last year’s federal income tax forms, information about untaxed income (such as Social Security, TANF, or veterans benefits), and information about savings, investments and farm assets for yourself, your spouse (if you’re married), and your parents (if you’re including parent information)
► FILE FOR NEW YORK STATE AID
(New York State residents only)
New York State offers several options for state residents, including:
Learn more about New York State student aid at http://www.hesc.com
- the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP),
- the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), and
- the Collegiate Science and Technology Program (CSTEP).
Note: UC’s TAP code is 1022 (for undergraduates).
Financial Aid Links:
The Student Guide
FSA on the Web
Help in completing FAFSA
Federal School Codes
U.S. Dept. of Labor
U.S. Dept. of Education
Financial Aid for Students
NYS Higher Education
NY College Savings Program