Department of Business and Economics
Business Education that the Business World Demands
UC's business programs are . .
In the business world, departments don't operate in isolation from each other - they interact constantly. Shouldn't your business courses be structured the same way?
At Utica College, all students majoring in business programs start with the same core: an innovative series of classes that integrate all areas of business and related issues, including:
- Operations management
- Human resource management
- Ethics and social responsibility
The message from the business community is loud and clear: employers need employees who:
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Think analytically, conduct research, and make informed decisions designed to solve problems
- Behave with honesty and integrity, and take responsibility for all they do
- Work confidently with supervisors and supervisees, and handle conflicts that may arise
- Understand and use technology appropriately in the business environment
- Demonstrate a global perspective, and understand the organization in the larger context of the world
- Communicate effectively through writing, listening, and speaking, and tailor their messages for appropriate audiences
At Utica College, you'll have opportunities to develop all of these skills, through your classroom coursework, internship experiences, and participation in student organizations. You'll graduate from Utica College with the very skills the business community is looking for.
Focused on Success
UC's philosophy of integrating career studies with traditional liberal arts serves our students well, and our graduates are in high demand in the business world.
For further information, please contact David B. Kiner, Executive Director of Business and Economics at email@example.com.