GPA Calculator and Information about Retaking Courses
|Grade||Quality Points |
|F or WF||0.0|
How to manually calculate your GPA:
- Locate your grade on the grid above.
- Multiply the Quality Points for that grade by the number of credits for the course.
- Do this for each course you took.
- Add all these products together.
- Divide this number by the total number of credits taken.
NOTE: For undergraduate students, an incomplete calculates as an "F" until a final grade is awarded.
ONLINE GPA CALCULATOR:
RETAKING A CLASS and GPA CALCULATIONS
NOTE:If you fail a class at Utica College, you must retake the class at Utica College for the failing grade to be excluded.
Full information on retaking classes is located in the Utica College Catalog. Here is some basic information:
If you fail a class and retake it once:
- The failing grade will NOT calculate in your GPA, but it will still show on your transcript.
- On your transcript, an "E" will show to the right of your failing grade to mark the course as "Excluded".
- On your transcript, an "I" will show to the right of the second time you took the class, marking it as "Included".
If you fail a class and retake it two or more times:
- Only one grade (the lowest) is removed from GPA calculations.
- All other repeats are used in calculating the GPA.
- All grades will still show on your transcript - even the excluded grade.
- On your transcript, the excluded course will be marked with an "E", the highest grade will be marked with an "I", and all other instances will be marked with an "A", which means it IS included in the GPA.
If you repeat a course for which you originally passed (received a D or better):
- The lower grade will be excluded from all calculations - grades, credits, and quality points.
- The lower grade will still show on your transcript.
- The higher grade will be included in all calculations
- You will receive credit for only one instance.
- When you retake the course, you must take a full course load (12 credits) in addition to the course you are retaking.
- You should contact Student Financial Services with questions regarding retaking a course which you have previously passed and how it may impact your financial aid.
- All repeated courses must be completed at Utica College. Transfer courses are never calculated in your Utica College GPA.
- Every grade you receive will be recorded on your transcript, even if you retake the course.
- The Include/Exclude process is run approximately one week after all grades are due at the end of each term, after all grades are posted.