Academics at Utica College
Entering Grades in Banner
- Go to the Banner web home page at: http://bannerweb.utica.edu
- Sign in to the secure area.
- Click on "Faculty Services."
- Click on "Mid Term Grades" or "Final Grades" as applicable.
- Select the correct term and click on "submit."
- Select the course you want from the drop-down menu and click "submit."
- For each student, select the grade you want to enter from the drop-down menu under "Grade."
- When you have finished, click "submit."
LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE (LDA) is only entered if a student has earned a grade of F. The LDA must fall in between the official dates of the start and end of the course.
If you have determined that a student is eligible for a grade of incomplete, you must:
- Complete an Incomplete Contract (available on the Registrar's Forms Page).
- Send a completed copy of the contract to your Academic School Office. Both you and the student should keep a copy of the signed contract for your records.
- Enter the grade of "I" via BannerWeb.
- When you submit the grade, you will be brought to a second page that asks for a deadline to complete the class and a default grade.
- The default grade you enter on this page is the grade that the student will get if s/he does NO additional work to complete the incomplete. This grade will show on his/her transcript automatically once the extension date has passed.
- The default extension date is six weeks after the end of the term. You may enter a different extension date if you wish.
- When the student has completed the work and you are ready to submit a final grade, you may either pick up a green grade change card from the Registrar's Office or your Academic School office or complete the online Grade Change Form to do so. You must be logged in to your Utica College Google account to access this form.