Welcome to the Frank E. Gannett Memorial Library
Utica College extends the privilege of using the library’s facilities to members of the community for study and research. Utica College is a private institution. The primary purpose of the college library is to serve students, faculty, and staff.
Although visitors are welcomed, the Utica College Library reserves the right to limit access or otherwise restrict the use of College facilities, equipment, collections and services.
- Contact the Library
- Circulation Desk: 315-792-3041
- Information Desk: 315-792-3044
Alumni & Guest Services
Alumni and guests may apply for borrowing privileges. Identification is required. A small fee may apply. Note that Interlibrary Loan services are restricted to UC students, faculty, and staff.
Circulation & Loan Policies
- 28 day loan is granted for circulating materials
- Items may be recalled after 75% of original loan period
- Note that items on course reserve, computer laptops, group study rooms and other equipment are not made available for alumni/guests
Utica College computers, printers and online subscription resources can be used by community members under the following guidelines:
- Computers can be used only by arrangement with a UC Reference Librarian during regular Reference service hours. (Note that Reference hours may not be the same as Library hours -- call ahead if in doubt)
- During busy times, UC students receive priority and computers may not be available for guest use.
- Identification and registration are required every time a computer use is requested.
- UC Librarians and staff reserve the right to limit use of UC computers, printers, and online subscription resources by unaffiliated guests.
- Alumni and guests may not borrow UC Library laptop computers or other equipment.
Other Services and Guidelines
- Walk-up assistance at the Information Desk, including orientation and guidance
- Library catalog from library computers (and from the web) can be searched by everyone
- In-house use of library materials, unless in restricted collections or on course reserve
- Library study and meeting rooms are for the exclusive use of Utica College students and faculty