Study Abroad Experience in Bulgaria
Construction Management practices in Eastern European Union
2018 Dates TBD
CMG 476 - Seminar
Construction Management practices in the eastern European Union
About the Course
Register for CMG 476 and join us on this 2-week summer excursion to Bulgaria. As part of this senior-level CM seminar, we will:
- Visit construction management and consulting firms to learn their practices and day-to-day operational activities.
- Visit a variety project sites in the construction phase, including but not limited to retail, high rise residential, and commercial buildings; fuel oil and biodiesel storage and dispensing facilities; civil and infrastructure projects
- Visit the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy and participate in a joint 2 to 3 day program with students and faculty members.
- Visit several sites with historical significance and review early methods of construction.
Students will compile a written report reflecting the daily activities, construction site visits, construction project meetings and historical structure visits performed during the course. The report will reflect on the historical perspective of construction in the area and current construction management practices including but not limited to:
- project types,
- project construction materials,
- project organization, and
- project delivery.