What We Do:
The Utica College Computer Help Desk is responsible for the operations of all computer labs and faculty staff computers on our Utica campus. In all, over 1000 computers are supported by our two staff members, Mike Clapsadl & Derek MacTurk, as well as our crew of about 30 student employees. Please read the following to understand what services the Help Desk provides.
FOR STUDENTS:Only partial support is available for non-college owned devices, such as student laptops or cell phones.
- Help connecting to the UC Wireless network will be provided for most devices, including laptops.
- We can help with connecting iPod Touch or iPhone's to the wireless network, as well as configure email access.
- Students will be assisted with any issues with network or email accounts as well as any other problems encountered while using a college system.
- Anyone using our eLearning system, Angel, can get 24/7 phone or email support by calling 1-866-264-1537 or emailing email@example.com
- Our ResNet department can assist with problems relating to internet connections in Residence Halls, and can sometimes resolve virus and spyware infections.
- Basic instruction can be provided for using most hardware or software. In depth help requires an appointment.
- File conversions: Have a file that you can't open, we can try to convert it to a nother type. Examples include converting Works and WordPerfect to Microsoft Word documents.
- Transfer data off of memory cards: We can read many types of memory card and transfer that data onto a thumb drive, blank CD, or blank DVD disk that you provide.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
- The above statements are also true for faculty and staff personal computers or devices. We however do not recommend use of personal equipment for business use due to security concerns.
- The Help Desk provides technical support for all College owned computer equipment purchased by IITS. Phone support, walk in, and "housecall" support is available for most issues by contacting the Help Desk. We can be reached by phone on campus at extension 3115. Off-campus dial (315)-792-3115 . You may also email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Basic questions can often be answered over the phone. More extensive training may require an appointment with James Farr, the IITS Instructional Technologist. See our training page for more information.
- For multimedia services, such as projectors, screens, smart carts, contact the Media Center.
- Contact the Information and Application Services department for any Banner problems.
Please see our Mobile Device support page if you are interested in obtaining support for a cell phone, smart phone, pda or iPod/iPhone. We provide limited support and we recommend checking this page before making a purchase.
Please see the links to the left for more information.
In Excel, pressing Ctrl and then the ' key will copy the contents of the cell above the current cell.