What We Do:
The Utica College User Services department is responsible for the operations of all computer labs and faculty staff computers on our Utica campus. In all, over 1200 computers are supported by our staff members as well as our crew of student employees. Please read the following to understand what services the Help Desk provides.
FOR STUDENTS:Only partial support is available for non-college owned devices, such as student laptops or cell phones.
- Help connecting to the UC Wireless network will be provided for most devices, including laptops.
- We can help with smart phones to the wireless network, as well as configure email access (Android / iOS).
- Students will be assisted with any issues with network or email accounts.
- Anyone using our eLearning system, Engage, can get 24/7 phone or email support by calling 1-866-264-1537 or emailing email@example.com
- Our ResNet department can assist with problems relating to Internet connections in Residence Halls.
- Basic instruction can be provided for using most hardware or software. In depth help requires an appointment.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
- The above statements are also true for faculty and staff personal computers or devices. We however do not recommend use of personal equipment for business use due to security concerns.
- The Help Desk provides technical support for all College owned computer equipment purchased by IITS. Phone support, walk in, and "housecall" support is available for most issues by contacting the Help Desk. We can be reached by phone on campus at extension 3115. Off-campus dial (315)-792-3115 . You may also email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Basic questions can often be answered over the phone. More extensive training may require an appointment with James Farr, the IITS Instructional Technologist.
- To request multimedia services, such as projectors, screens, smart carts, use the online request form.
- Contact the Information and Application Services department for any Banner problems.
Please see our Mobile Device support page if you are interested in obtaining support for a cell phone, smart phone, or other mobile device. We provide limited support and cannot guarantee all devices will work with our network or email service.
Please see the links to the left for more information.
Using Windows, you can put your most often used programs in the top of the start menu so they are easily accessible. Open the start menu and find the program you'd like to access, right click that link and choose Pin To Start Menu. If you want to remove a pinned program, right click on it and choose Remove from Start Menu