Green Tech Tips:
Don't Print unless you have to.
|When you print, use print preview to make sure you aren't printing extra pages.|| |
Turn off computers not being used.
|Turn off lights when leaving a room.|| |
Unplug extra chargers when not being used to charge devices.
|Use a laptop instead of a desktop to save electricity.|
Recycle Electronics. (more info below)
|Replace old CRT monitors and TVs with new more efficient flat panels.|| |
Use rechargable batteries.
The following items can be recycled by depositing them in the TechnoTrashcan at the Library Circulation Desk, or at the Computer Help Desk.
- All forms of electronic media and their cases: diskettes, zip disks, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, video tape, audio tape, game cartridges, DAT, DLT, Beta or Digibeta, and virtually all other type of computer tapes.
- Hard drives, Zip and Jazz drives, jump drives, etc.
- All forms of inkjet printer cartridges.
- All types of cell phones, pagers, PDAs and their chargers, cables, and headset accessories
- All types of rechargeable batteries (not regular alkaline ones) and their chargers
- All of the small computer accessories such as MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras, hand-held scanners, handheld games and other connected devices.
Battery Recycling: The Help Desk can accept rechargable batteries for recycling. We cannot yet recycle alkaline batteries.
Visit the Sustainability @ UC page for more information about recycling other materials, and tips for "being green".